Strive Development was established in 2013 by Amanda Winder, with the aim to help
companies & individuals develop & perform better.
With extensive knowledge of the construction sector, we can assist in recruiting &
developing your team from developing school leaver, apprenticeship or graduate
schemes to nurturing your talent & supporting existing staff in their personal
We can also assist you in compiling training plans, H&S training matrices,
maximising your CITB grant as well as one off L&D projects.
Are you unsure where your career is going? Strive Development can help you
establish career goals and coach you to get there. Do you want some support
to help you perform better?
We can coach/ mentor you to enhance your skills or deal with those difficult
people or influence others to achieve your goals.
Amanda Winder, BSc, FCIPD
Director, Strive Development Ltd – Training & Development
Amanda has over 25 years HR and training experience of which 20 years has been within construction. Following on from her degree, Amanda spent sometime working within the food industry and then moved into food retail with Tesco. It was here she started her Training & HR career and found her passion in helping people learn and develop their potential. Her work experience has included roles in general management as well as HR and Learning & Development management & delivery. In 1994, Amanda moved to the construction sector where she spent 19 years working for 2 large well-known construction companies.
In April 2013, she decided to use her wealth of learning & development knowledge & experience to set up her own consultancy, Strive Development Ltd.
Amanda’s expertise includes:
- Training Needs Analysis
- Developing graduate, school leaver or apprenticeship programmes
- Managing Employment & Skills/S106 obligations
- Design & Delivery of Personal Development & Leadership & Management programmes
- Executive Coaching & Mentoring
Having a professional, friendly and open approach, she is keen to learn about different organisations to identify how she can assist their staff to perform to their optimum. She is also passionate about helping young people into the world of work.
Amanda is a Fellow of the CIPD, an accredited MBTI Practitioner & holds an ILM L5 Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring. She is also a volunteer for the “Inspiring the Future” initiative which involves delivering career talks and advice to school pupils and a member of YEUK-Youth Employment UK, a dedicated membership & campaigning organisations to help youth unemployment in the UK.
Gaynor Eke: Careers Management Consultant
(PG Cert in Career Development, NVQ4 in Advice & Guidance)
Gaynor has over 25 years’ experience providing a broad range of Recruitment, Advice and Guidance services within Schools, Colleges, Universities and Businesses across Greater London and the South East.
Key areas of expertise:
- Recruitment, Advice and Guidance services for Adults, Young People and Employers
- One to One Personal Careers Development Coaching and Careers Counselling
- Interview coaching and CV preparation – One to One or Group sessions
- Morrisby psychometric profiling assessment
- Supporting Businesses with their Recruitment, particularly in relation to Emerging Talent
- Supporting businesses with their Outplacement needs
- Supporting Young people and Adults source employment, including alternative to university programmes.
- Presenting bespoke workshops in both Educational and Business settings on topics such as Employability skills.
Gaynor holds an NVQ4 in Advice & Guidance and a PG Certificate in Career Development. She enjoys helping young people in establishing their career aims and assisting them down the right path and guiding businesses on meeting their emerging talent requirements.